You pay just $10 a month!
Save $$$ with our Spring
Just $99 for
an entire year (prepaid)!
That's as low as $8.25/month!
|Top ten reasons why you should
- Get Instant Access with our Online Sign-up
- No Credit Card Required
- Nationwide--No Toll Out of Town
- Free 24/7 Tech Support
- Email SPAM Filter and POP-UP Blocker
- No Advertisements
- Use your existing Instant Messenger
- 15 Email Accounts and 20MB Webspace--FREE
- Fast, Clean, Clear Digital Connections--No Busy Signals
- More Newsgroups, Newsgroups, Newsgroups
test your phone line quality
Before we start, we want to say thank you to HAL-PC, who
runs our Houston Data Center, for providing this outstanding
tool for our use.
These instructions are for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000,
2003, and XP computer users.
- Click on the "Start" button, go to "Run",
and then type in hypertrm
- The program will start and the "Connection Description"
screen will be prompting you for a "Name:". Type
in phone line test, and then click OK.
- It will now show the "Connect To" window. In
the box labeled "Phone Number:" type in the telephone
number 1 713 693-0399 and click OK. If
you are in the Houston, TX calling area, the 1 will not
be necessary. Since
the test only takes about one minute, the long distance
charge should be minimal.
- In the Connect window, click on the Dial button.
- You are now connecting to the circuit tester in Houston.
After you connect, press the Enter key.
The screen will say "Please wait while your phone line
is being tested.
- When the test is complete, the system will ask you how
to display the test results. Press T for
text. Then it will return a chart of information. Press
Enter. You will now see a graph displayed.
- Email us the results by doing a copy and paste. Click
"Edit" and click on "Select All", then
click "Edit" and click on "Copy".
Open a new email message to send to firstname.lastname@example.org,
type your name, username, and the problem you are experiencing
into the email, and then from the menu select "Edit"
and click on "Paste". You will then see the results
of the test pasted into the email. Then send it to us.
For a description of what the test results mean, look at
Reading the Test Results.